Our products are labeled and our Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) created, using available information. Since in some cases comprehensive data is not available, and because new data is constantly found, the known hazardous indications may not be exhaustive. Even if there is no concrete description of hazard on a reagent's label, MSDS, or in references, one should not assume that it is safe to handle. This is particularly true in the case of new reagents, which have only been made on a very small scale and therefore whose properties have not been fully investigated.
Hazardous reagents must be handled carefully, using appropriate measures at all times. To prevent possible accidents, we believe it is important to treat all reagents as potentially hazardous, and to follow precautionary procedures:
- Always read the description on the product label on receipt and check that it is as expected.
- Use preventive measures to avoid dropping or spillage.
- Read the description on the label before use and put any required safety measures into practice. If the description mentions no danger or toxicity, you should still handle the product carefully.
- Be sure to wear suitable protective equipment and handle it with caution.
- Refer to the MSDS, related regulations, literature, etc., and use safety measures appropriate to the characteristics of the reagent.
- Ideally reagents should be used promptly after purchase. The management, storage, and subsequent use of residual quantities must be at least as carefully undertaken as newly purchased reagents, since eg. the decomposition of sensitive reagents may produce additional hazards.
- Our reagents should be handled by qualified personnel. In-experienced users should be adequately supervised by a specialist.
Waste materials and any surplus or old reagents must be treated according to the relevant regulations.
The Reagents supplied by Clearsynth, except those with specific descriptions, such as food colors approved by the Food Sanitation Law (product grade FC in our catalogue) and known bulk pharmaceuticals, are intended to be used for research and development. They cannot be used to produce pharmaceuticals, quasi drugs, cosmetics, agricultural chemicals, insecticides or food additives. Under no circumstance are they intended for use in the home. When improper use is suspected, Clearsynth reserves the right to refuse to supply any product, as is also dictated by law, and takes no responsibility for any improper use.
Our reagents may contain items regulated by local laws; for example TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) or the New Chemical Substance law. Please contact your local Clearsynth office or distributor, or your local regulatory office, for more details.
When controlled substances are sold or purchased for testing and experimental purposes, details of the buyer's appropriate license or qualification, or a predetermined procedure based on the related regulations, may be required.
Clearsynth does not guarantee that a new chemical substance manufactured by using our reagents, or that using our reagents in combination with other products, or using them in certain procedures does not infringe on any patents of Japan or foreign countries. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that no patents are infringed.
We use packaging components which permit easy and safe handling, while protecting the integrity of the products. Liquid products, including NMR Solvents, are sealed in ampoules or are packaged in screw-cap bottles, when appropriate. Multi-dose septum vials are used for selected products. Solids are generally packaged in screw-cap bottles. Gases are routinely packaged in carbon-steel lecture bottles.
The cylinder is fitted with a CGA 180 aluminum-silicon-bronze valve. There is a $150.00 charge for the cylinder and valve.
Certain other products are packaged in cylinders due to shipping regulations.Smaller quantities of gases, such as 0.05 L, 0.1 L, 0.25 L and 0.5 L, can be packaged in break seal glass flasks, upon request. The charge for a break seal flask is $95.00.Lecture bottles are sold outright with the product and are non-refundable
The cylinder is fitted with a CGA 170 brass valve. There is a $90.00 charge for the cylinder and valve.